With winter closing in on us and days getting colder we are all looking for some feel good food to curl up with in front of the TV, so if you’ve not got any treats in the house why not whip up a cake in a mug! Here is a simple recipe for a basic microwave mug cake – simple and quick!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need….
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- A small splash of good vanilla
- 1 large coffee mug
Here are 4 easy steps to follow….
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (optional) and vanilla, and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before dipping in. You can also turn out onto a plate if desired and eat it with your favorite ice cream, custard or cream!
For some inspiration why not check out some of these recipes we’ve found online….
1. Chocolate Espresso Mug Cake – Kurryleaves
2. Strawberry Vanilla Mug Cake with Vanilla Glaze – Averie Cooks
3. Chocolate and Salted Caramel Mug Cake – Babble
4. Banana Mug Cake with Coffee Ice Cream – Love Swah
5. Chocolate Hazelnut Mug Cake – Running to the Kitchen
6. Carrot Cake Mug Cake – Spicy Treats
7. Chocolate Stout Mug Cake – Kirbie’s Cravings
8. Vegan Sweet Potato Mug Cake – Oh My Veggies
9. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Mug – The Novice Chef
10. Lime Coconut Mug Cake – Kirbie’s Cravings